The Quaid-e-Azam Memorial National Bridge Tournament 2022 was held on 23 to 25 December 2022 in grand style at Islamabad Club. The Pakistan Bridge Federation contributed cash prizes as well as met expenses of the tournament director. The tournament evoked interest inside and outside the country as partipants came from USA, Canada, Kuwait, Bahrain, Karachi, Lahore, Multan and Abbottabad to participate in the competition.
Though players from across the country got prizes but Karachi players topped in both the segments I.e., the Pairs and Teams Competitions. The main winners were as follows:
- Fawad Hakim & Khaled Mohiuddin from Karachi
- Imran Gardezi & Arsalan Mansoor from Islamabad
- Anwar Kizilbash & Jehangir Ahmed from Lahore
- FATIMA from Karachi represented by Fawad Hakim, Mohsin Chandna, Khalid Mohiuddin, Tehsin Gheewala and Junaid Saeed
- Bilal from Karachi represented by Gulzar Bilal, Hamed Mohiuddin, Mubashar Puri and Shaikh Abdul Muqeet
- Baghi TV from Lahore represented by Shouq Hussain, Imran Abedi, Anwar Kizilbash & Jehangir Ahmed
- Holdem from Islamabad represented by Saeed Akhtar, Javed Khalid, Imran Gardezi, Arsalan Mansoor, Uzair Kamal and Umar Aslam
Ladies Prize was won by two ladies from Islamabad named Maliha Elahi and Falak Khattak
The President of the Pakistan Bridge federation (PBF) Mr Mubashar Luqman gave away the prizes. The President of PBF also announced the holding of Pakistan Independence Day Bridge Tournament in Islamabad Club on 14 August 2023 and he agreed to provide prize money and Tournament Director’s expenses on the occasion. It was also announced that the next championship of Bridge Federation of Asia and Middle East (BFAME) will be held in Pakistan at Lahore on 12 May 2023.
Rawalpindi-Islamabad Bridge Association